It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Final Bow



This class has been a true adventure! I have loved and hated it at times, but one thing is for sure I will definetly remember it. This class has challenged me mentally so much and I wouldn't have it any other way. Everything that we have learned I believe I will remember. No english class will ever compare and I am so glad to have been able to go through this awesome opportunity.
I have been quite sick this year and if this class was pen and pencil most likely I would have failed and not been able to walk. Yet I was lucky and when I was sick I could just work on stuff from home and talk to my team members about what they needed me to do. I love that about this class and it is really helpful. I think that if this technic of learning was in other subjects students would do much better in school. Sometimes people get sick and if you're sick you should not be forced to come to school when you could just do the same work from home.
I could not have had a better teacher. Ms. McChesney has taught me so much and we have so much fun learning in her class. I had her once in the tenth grade for English and she has always been one of my favorite teachers to have. She puts a twist to every assignment and Riverside really could not have picked a better teacher to do this experience. She keeps us interested and really does understand and listen to us. I will miss her and her class greatly in college.
My team is called
Flash Fever which consists of Me, Hannah Carrico, and Tiffiney Wilson. My team mates were amazing. As a team we went through so much with code and even had an amazing game crash a few days before presentation, but together we pulled through and made a totally new game with hardley any trouble. We agreed and got along so well. We all have became so much closer since this project and I am really glad I got to work with them. Poor Hannah was sick on presentation day and even though I know she feels terrible, I personally understand being really ill. So I of course was not mad and wanted her to feel better soon! All in all our game turned out great and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm so proud of my team!
All of my classmates are so brilliant in their own ways. Everyone's games turned out amazing and I think we all pushed ourselves farther than we thought we could. When I stepped in that class on that first day I know I wasn't expecting to come this far in flash. I find myself still going to peoples wikis and playing their games just for fun! This is by far my favorite class all year!
Now we are graduating and although this is one of the happiest things in my life I can't help but be sad that this class is over. I have made friendships stronger and I hope we all can stay in touch. I have grown in this class and all of the social issues discussed has really made me realize how much I have. I will never forget this class or the people in it. I never thought English 12 would be fun, but it really was. I hope they continue to have subjects on globaloria like they have with my class. Everyone at Globaloria is helpful and smart, which means that this new technique could go far and hopefully decline the drop out rates.
I just want to say thank you to my teacher, my team mates, my friends and all of the Globaloria people. You have all contributed to helping me see what life has to offer and how far the world is evolving. Technology has came so far and I am glad to be a tiny part of the experimentation process. This class was like no other and there will never be any comparison to this class
.


Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing
it was here first. - Mark Twain
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous - Ingrid Bergman

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure - George Edward Woodberry

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,

    That was sweet. Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete